Wednesday, August 29, 2012

NZ: Day 15 (The Thumbs Up Edition)

Dani and Mardi with WC winner, Anna Fenninger, 2012 WC Overall Winner, Marcel Hirscher and GBR's finest, Chemmy Alcott. Marcel is giving the girls two thumbs up for a good camp.
DH course number two for Mr. Hirscher and the CAN and AUT women.

On the lift with everyone's favorite DH team.

Packing up after the last day. We're gonna miss Mt. Hutt.

You are here, or were here anyway...

Shaka for a great camp.

A perfectly packed van. Thanks Bug!
Well, we finished up on a high note down here. Today, we encountered perfect weather, perfect snow and Marcel Hirscher training DH. In the grand scheme of things, I just don't know how a day gets any better. Above are some pictures and below is a quick note from the girls about their favorite part of the camp off snow. Thanks to Bug for the idea and for arranging this post!


Best Memories OFF the hill:

Nicole: My best memory was getting to know all the local Kiwis and having them join us in our games/dry land.

Audrey: My favorite memory was going to Café 131 after skiing for our second lunch before our afternoon activities. The hot chocolate was a highlight.

Dani: Going to see Molly was my favorite memory. Meeting her and seeing her bus was a really cool experience, she was really unique and one of those people I will always remember.

Sophie: My favorite memory was hiking up the peninsula in Akaroa and taking lots of photos with the amazing scenery.

Lisa: I have to say; my FAVORITE part about this trip was spending hours and hours finishing my summer work, with a New Zealand time twist added in.

Mardi: The food was the most memorable part for me, especially soup night!

Lexi: I loved experiencing New Zealand through Molly’s viewpoint.

Eliza: I had an awesome time playing rugby with all the local boys, showing them how American’s do it!

Bug: My most memorable moment was driving into the bay near Akaroa. It was a really cool moment when we all saw the water for the first time and awed. To stand on the hill/road over looking the bay was pretty spectacular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment