Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Quick Note about Blogging:


As coaches, we are thrilled to bring you the Burkie Bear Blog. I mean, info from three incredible spots on three different continents… it’s heady stuff for sure. I’ve been blogging for about five years now and ours really is special!

Here in NZ (and I’d wager in Hood as well) the internet connection is easily accessed, but relatively slow. The blog is last on my list of priorities; it comes right before bed. I wrangle a post out of the girls, a couple of pictures and, I’m not kidding, end up clicking the “publish” button as I am brushing my teeth. I love it though. Bringing parents that type of on-the-scene info is a pleasure and you will see a lot more of it as the season wears on.

However, when the internet connection is painfully slow (South American slow) or not easily accessed, as a coach, it can be a cloud that hangs over your head. I’ve been to La Parva many times. The internet is often a walk away and there’s no guarantee that it will work once you make the cold, dark trek. I’ve been that coach with the cloud more than a few times and it’s just not ever fun. At BMA, we all have high expectations for our coaches and blogging every single day, when it's not easy, should probably not be one of them. I know that wherever we are in the world, we will always blog when it’s convenient, because it’s almost as fun to post as it is to read, but the reality of our life, and the places we end up, is that it won’t always be easy.

So, the moral of the story is this: Chile camp coaches, keep up the great work. We hear you guys are having an awesome camp! When it’s convenient to blog, we’d love to hear from you, but we know you’ve got a lot on your plates… including a cold, dark walk to dismayingly unreliable internet…

Thanks everyone for your support and understanding!

We’ll make some turns for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment