Saturday, April 4, 2015

Super Series Experts

Josefine, Alli, Bridget, Madison and I spent some quality time among the Québécois this week, racing SL at Le Relais, GS at Stoneham, and eating lots of poutine for dinner. The conditions were ideal until the last day, when we finally got some spring conditions and had to salt the surface for the last GS. There was some great racing throughout the week! Josefine was 3rd overall in the U18 season series standings (surprise!!) thanks to some early season SG results that we had all completely forgotten about, in addition to her 5th overall on the first day of the GS and the first U18 both days of GS at Stoneham. Madison was the 4th U18 and Alli was the 3rd U18 on the first GS day, giving Burke three of the top five U18 spots. Madison was also on the podium for the first slalom day. Also, Tory and Cecelia came to Canada to surprise me for my birthday, and Madison got a great shot of Cece's first team van ride. And the girls surprised me with a birthday cake (from Shaw's, my favorite)! Not sure who Gramps is, but I really enjoyed his cake. 

I hope everyone has a great spring break! See you all in a few weeks, with your running shoes on! 

Mado 3rd in SL

3 of the top 5! 

Overall GS - Joey 5th, on stage with some pretty heavy hitters. 

Season standings. Sweet plate for Josefine! 


Family dinner trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment