Friday, January 8, 2016

Getting to Know You



Isabelle, Bart, Lizzy, Anna, Tess and McKenna after dinner.  (Martha took the photo!)

Last night, Martha and I caught up with some of the FIS girls in Utah.  Early on in the conversation, I asked the girls: “Martha has a 6:00 Crossfit work out tomorrow.  Should she wake up that early?”

“Of course!” they all immediately replied. “You’ll see us running by your house next year at that time.”

That’s what I love about Burke. How many teenagers would have that response? It is the beautiful, passionate Burkie answer.  

At dinner, the girls peppered me with some questions on different topics about school. Wearing their hearts on their sleeves, they would comment “Now I like you more!” or “Now I like you less!” as I answered their questions. Their sense of ownership of the school inspires.

We can’t wait to get there.  (And I will be at BMA next week: Jan 10-16. Come say hello.)

-Jory


No comments:

Post a Comment