Friday, December 12, 2014

My apologies, but this really needs to be blogged...

For those of you who don't get to read the occasionally impressive emails that Rolf is capable of crafting, I have to post what I deem to be an instant classic:

From Tory:
Hi everyone who might still be around -

Erica made an impressive smorgasbord (sp????) of cookies and cakes and left them all on my desk "to share" - I'm sure we all can imagine what it looks like when that happens to a woman who is 9 months pregnant (think tears of joy!) but I invite you all to come down and grab some treats before the kids get wind of it or before I eat it all myself!

Enjoy!

Tory

Rolf's reply:
Smörgåsbord actually, but you're forgiven.  Smörgås (smoor-gose) is an open face sandwich (in Sweden), bord (p. boord) is a table, so, literally, a table full of open face sandwiches.  But cookies work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment